Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simple project - Tasks with sub-tasks - How do I group by "parent"?

Level 1
I have a project with tasks and subtasks. My current view does not have any grouping. I would like to group by each parent task. How do I do that? I"ve tried to create a new group, but cannot find the field "parent" to add to my group by. Thanks
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5
Sort by the number column and it will put them into parent hierarchy On Mon, Apr 3, 2017, 2:56 PM Mike Montgomery < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I have a project with tasks and subtasks. My current view does not have > any grouping. I would like to group by each parent task. How do I do > that? > > I"ve tried to create a new group, but cannot find the field "parent" to > add to my group by. > > > > Thanks > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10

Hi @MelindaLa1 

I found this one

group.0.name=Parent Task
group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({parent}.{parent}.{name}),IF(ISBLANK({parent}.{parent}.{name}),{parent}.{name},{parent}.{parent}.{name}),{parent}.{parent}.{name})
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

Might be helpful to you.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 1
Just doing a sort does not give me the shading for the parent and subtotals. Or am I missing something? thanks

Level 10
Mike - Do you want to see the project by parent, like everything indented 2 levels or less? That gives you all level 0, level 1, and level 2 parents, summing up all level 3 and lower levels of indent? Is that what you're looking for? If so, filter your task report to tasks where INDENT is less then or equal to 2. Does that help? Thanks, Eric