Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Silly question I'm sure . . . Can I have a custom form at the Queue Details area as well as custom forms at the Queue Topic area?

Level 4

I thought I had done this before but now I cannot. I would like a custom form with descriptive text (at the Queue Details level) to show when you select the queue for situations that are not Queue Topic-specific but also have custom forms for each of the Queue Topics. We are experiencing some funky issues right now so I'm not sure if it is a WF thing or if it is that I've never been able to do this. Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know if there are any situations that are not queue topic specific (so I guess I don't understand your question!).

If you have ANY queue topics, then when you select a queue in the request area, you're forced to select a queue topic and can't skate by without having done so.

If you have forms on your queue topic, those forms come into play. If you have no forms on your queue topic, your queue details forms will come into play. Those two sets are mutually exclusive -- not additive. And one will not appear either UNTIL you select a queue topic or UNLESS the queue has no topics.

Level 4

Thank you, for your response.

We have queues set up so that multiple options (queue topics) are available but there may be overarching statements that would apply to all topics within that queue. The Queue description is very limited in what can be emphasized and makes it difficult to stress information or share a link to another queue or site that would be a better option than the queue they have arrived at.

Specifically, we want people to skate by the queue if it is not the correct one.

I do have some queues without topics and just the custom form for the queue itself and thought perhaps I could have it there and it would just show up on "the" queue.

I just dropped the same custom form with two description fields in every topic. It just looks so clunky. I guess it's a Workfront thing I will need to work around. Can't wait until we can make custom forms a little more visually appealling.

Thank you again for your response.

Community Advisor

sure thing. I guess the only other thing I can do is, if you missed it the first time, suggest William's idea of "publishing" queues. https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006eHIc4SAG/concept-how-to-publish-dashboards-request-qu...

Basically it details a way to use a collection of dashboards to direct users to different areas, since the formatting in a dashboard is a bit more legible than that of a request queue description.

Level 4

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This could be something we could investigate and perhaps use for our requestors. Since we are moving most of our requests from older processes (including printing out PDFs, filling out the information and emailing them back, or just sending an email with random information someone needs to dissect) it's been challenging directing people to the correct queue or even to Workfront from what they are used to.

Thank you again and have a great weekend.