Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Show notifications on dashboard

Level 4

Is there a way to show notifications on a dashboard without the header?

I end up having the upper navigation bar twice when I use the standard url (https://instance.my.workfront.com/notifications).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manuel,

Since the /notifications is a web page (although it might someday be offered as a report or view ready for use on a dashboard), I presume you are using the link you mentioned in the url of an external page on a dashboard, and then seeing the full page (including headers) within the resulting dashboard’s iFrame.

if so, you can add parameters (such as margin-top: -50) to that url to “shift” the page up within the iFrame, but it is fussy, and might look different on various computers.

Instead, I suggest you try this technique, which will then open cleanly in a separate window with one click.

You could also train users how to navigate to the Notifications tab.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manuel,

Since the /notifications is a web page (although it might someday be offered as a report or view ready for use on a dashboard), I presume you are using the link you mentioned in the url of an external page on a dashboard, and then seeing the full page (including headers) within the resulting dashboard’s iFrame.

if so, you can add parameters (such as margin-top: -50) to that url to “shift” the page up within the iFrame, but it is fussy, and might look different on various computers.

Instead, I suggest you try this technique, which will then open cleanly in a separate window with one click.

You could also train users how to navigate to the Notifications tab.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Hi Doug, thanks for the nice solution! I guess, that's the best we can get in the given framework of Workfront 👍