Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Show notifications on dashboard

Level 4

Is there a way to show notifications on a dashboard without the header?

I end up having the upper navigation bar twice when I use the standard url (https://instance.my.workfront.com/notifications).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manuel,

Since the /notifications is a web page (although it might someday be offered as a report or view ready for use on a dashboard), I presume you are using the link you mentioned in the url of an external page on a dashboard, and then seeing the full page (including headers) within the resulting dashboard’s iFrame.

if so, you can add parameters (such as margin-top: -50) to that url to “shift” the page up within the iFrame, but it is fussy, and might look different on various computers.

Instead, I suggest you try this technique, which will then open cleanly in a separate window with one click.

You could also train users how to navigate to the Notifications tab.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manuel,

Since the /notifications is a web page (although it might someday be offered as a report or view ready for use on a dashboard), I presume you are using the link you mentioned in the url of an external page on a dashboard, and then seeing the full page (including headers) within the resulting dashboard’s iFrame.

if so, you can add parameters (such as margin-top: -50) to that url to “shift” the page up within the iFrame, but it is fussy, and might look different on various computers.

Instead, I suggest you try this technique, which will then open cleanly in a separate window with one click.

You could also train users how to navigate to the Notifications tab.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Hi Doug, thanks for the nice solution! I guess, that's the best we can get in the given framework of Workfront 👍