Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing a project and the Projects I'm On tab

Level 8
Hey everyone, When a new team member joins one of our teams, the project manager mass shares all the current projects with that new member. However, this doesn't make the projects show up on the Projects I'm On tab. The only way our project managers have found a way to get the projects to show on that tab is to create a dummy task on each project and assign it to the new person. Is there a better way to mass share projects with a new team member so that they show on the Projects I'm On tab? It looks like you can't edit the Staffing tab of the project in bulk. Thanks! Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Kirsten, What you're describing sounds more like projects I can see (All Projects) and not projects I have an assignment on (Projects I'm On). I'd suggest users move to the next "All Projects" tab to see the a full list. From there, a filter might be needed to reduce the results if people are seeing too much. Thanks, Narayan

Community Advisor
Another thing we do so that we don't have to mass share all projects with new team members, is we have an "All Project Access" Group, which is given project access on the Template, so any new team member is just added to that Group and they already have access to all projects that were created from templates.