Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shared Deliverable but Two Different Deadlines

Level 8
Hi, We keep running into an issue at our agency with shared deliverables that should have two different deadlines. It would seem logical that we set up two tasks with task 2 dependent on task 1, but there's a semi-complicated issue with that. All of our tasks are dependent on an approval process. If the task is rejected, than it automatically adds a rejection issue and it's up to the approver to add a custom form with additional info for tracking. If task 2 only has 1 of the 2 people assigned to it, the rejection issue would automatically add only 1 of the people and it's up to the approver to add the 2. Plus, the task that the issue is tied to wouldn't make sense for the task 1 person. Here's an example of what I described above: Task 1: Content Task 2: Design with approval process If task 2 is rejected, a rejection issue is added and assigned to the creative manager BUT what if it's a content issue. Then the approver has to manually add the content manager. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with their project set up? How are you handling it? Thanks! Jennifer Tanabe Director, Project Management Vertical Measures
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Jenn, I've read your post a couple of times, but have not run into that particular situation before (where a Rejection needs to then spawn two Assignees). Assuming there is some filterable combination of data available, one approach might be to create an exception report that picks up such situations -- ideally in a fashion that could even suggest who needs to be added as the second assignee. That would at least help spot the items as quickly as possible, and (once it's proven out manually for a while) might even serve as the basis for an automated solution. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads