Expand my Community achievements bar.

Setting up email queue intake problems?

Level 9

Who here has successfully setup a request queue to receive intake by email address from non-WF users?

I'm trying to add/enable it for our request queue. I populated both of these fields, saved, and sent a test. 

Christina_Jarosz_0-1664648616765.png

I'm getting this error back: You just tried to submit an issue to Task Form, but it looks like you aren't authorized to submit issues via email. We are sorry about that.

Christina_Jarosz_1-1664648655122.png

I made sure my email address is enabled, that all people can add requests to this queue. Any ideas?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Christina,

To submit requests via email, the address that the email request has come from needs to exist in Workfront (i.e., a user must be present in the system that has that email address). It's not possible to set up an intake queue for none Workfront users.

This article explains more.

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 3

Hi I am getting the same issue and the emailer is an active users (external user profile) and has an email address, i believe its because i have used that profile rather than a requester but cant see where to give it the access to allow requests via email

Community Advisor

Hi Ian,

Yes, External Users do not have permission to create requests within Workfront. The user has to have at least a Request access level. You would need to go to the user's profile in Workfront and upgrade their access level before they can submit requests via email. You must also ensure that the user has rights to add issues to the request queue project.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 9

Thanks!

I am submitting it however – as the requestor – so what could be causing the issue?

Christina

Community Advisor

Is the request queue shared with the user submitting the email?