Expand my Community achievements bar.

Search functionality

Level 4
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has heard when the improved functionality will be coming? I still have users who cannot perform basic search functionality which impedes their ability to do their jobs. This is the latest update I have from December 2019: I do not as of right now have an ETA on when the entire server cluster will be reindexed. I know we're going in batches so we can keep an eye on the process and make sure we correct any issues we see along the way. We just had a batch start a reindex around 10am MST this morning. Now, as for why I say that waiting until next year isn't entirely accurate... we are building our new search. Right now it's waiting on 2 core components to be completed before we can start beta testing it. Internal tests though? Amazing. Much better than the current search, and much more reliable. I would guess that we'll likely see beta for the new search just prior to the 20.1 release early next year. That however, doesn't mean that we won't continue to work on making sure that the current search works, but because each scenario may be slightly different, we ask that anyone seeing problems with search submit a support request. To make your request go faster, please include the search term, a screenshot of the results, who the user searching for the object is, and a direct link to the object. This helps us ensure that we have everything we need to escalate if necessary, or link it to an existing escalated ticket. thanks, Jennifer Jennifer Miklasz
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Jennifer,

There was a recent update to search in 20.2 release. We are continually working to make the search feature in Workfront better. If you are seeing any cases where users are not able to search for object in workfront please open a ticket with Workfront Support and we can help to resolve any issues you are seeing.

Level 4

Thanks very much Adam.

I think I will switch the users to the new Experience.

Regards,

Jennifer