Expand my Community achievements bar.

Routing to unpublished Queues

Level 8
Someone at LEAP mentioned the notion of this. We can use the published queues to route to an unpublished queue. At first I was thinking this meant this would give us addtl drop downs at the request level, but that is not accurate. I was wondering if any of you utilize this process and what the use case is for it? I have a couple of ideas as to why we would want to leverage this, but I am curious as to how a more seasoned WF company may be using this process? Thanks! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
2 Replies

Level 10
an unpublished queue is basically a project. The person at Leap was probably(?) just saying that you could move the request from a queue in the requests area to a project. There are plenty of reasons why you might do this. Just pursuing the categorization angle: * You could opt to create new projects by year, and every Jan 1, change your routing rules to move your requests to the new project. (Categorize requests submitted by year) * If certain request types (queue topics) are going to specific teams, you could create projects based on those teams. (Categorize based on worker) * Similarly you could group requests based on type of work, so "intake" type requests could go into a holding pen project, and ad hoc quick requests could go elsewhere. (Categorize based on type of work) * You could have request queues visible to only specific users, but the users working on the requests might not care so you can lump requests from several small queues into one project this way. (de-categorize / generalize) -skye

Level 8
Thanks Skye! Suggestions 2 and 3 were what I was thinking. I may reach out to them and see why there would be added benefit in routing to a queue versus just a standard project. I really don't see the point other than categorizing it as a queue rather than a project. Thanks again. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com