Expand my Community achievements bar.

Roles Filter

Employee
Hi All, We recently switched one of our groups to a team structure and changed all tasks to be assigned to job roles instead of people. We display all tasks on a report and let them filter by project type or job role to choose what they want to work on next. They show the rest of the team that they have taken this task by assigning themselves and it falls off of the report of all open tasks. I was just told that they want to have multiple roles assigned to some of the tasks so that either could 'take' the task. However, I have found that my filters are only pulling the first job role that was assigned. For example, a task is supposed to be completed by those in job role Accountant 1 however, this task could be completed by job role Accountant 2 so the managers want both roles to see these tasks. Accountant 1 was assigned first first, therefore it does pull when using the filter task -> role ID = $$USER.roleID for Accountant 1s but not for Accountant 2s. We now have 13 different roles in the department and I would rather not have to hard-code all of these into different reports. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks, Sarah Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.
1 Reply

Level 10
hi Sarah, for a task report, the filtering by something in the task section when referring to a user attribute will only pull in the first assignment. You're going to have to go to a different section, likely the assignment users section (so for example, try filtering by assignment users role id, if available (or some terminology mirroring that). -skye