Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Roadblocks, dependencies

Level 1
Hi All, I'm interested in some ideas on how you are marking in Agile view if there is a roadblock or a dependency on completing a task. Do you have any recommendations for that? Many thanks, Klara
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 2
If those are dependencies outside of your control, you could create a new status and column for roadblocks. My team works with IT developers all the time, and that is something I can't get around. In that situation, I have a status called "in development" so that clients know the work is currently out of my hands. Once the developers finish work, I move it to a column that my team does work within. Darren Harper Arvest Bank Group Inc

Community Advisor
We have the colors at the top of cards set to "free form" and we use color coding to indicate roadblocks

Level 1
Hi Darren, that is actually a good idea, because I can add that field to be visible in agile view as well. I think we could use this pretty well. Thank you! Klara Klara Palinkas Acensys

Level 1
Hi Heather, thank you for the idea! Although I'm using colours to show priorities right now, it might change over the time for some specific projects. Many thanks, Klara Klara Palinkas Acensys

Level 7
Similar to Darren, we have a status called "Blocked" that our Agile KanBan Team uses, and we also have a Blocked column on the KanBan board. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 1
Thank you Terry! We've also decided to move forward this way :) Klara Palinkas Acensys