Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Resources Overallocation Report

Level 3

Hi Community, 

I wants to create a report to capture resources over allocation hours. Any help on how to create this including which filter to apply would deeply appreciated. 

Thanks 

Mesh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @meshackOm - Depending on how your projects are setup with hours / durations, reports aren't always the best way to go to show over allocation of hours. Instead, the Resource Management tools (Planner / Workload Balancer) are better ways to show this information. There are ways to get links to share with leadership teams that might not always go into Workfront.

The reason for this, reports in Workfront, if you have 10 Planned Hours over 2 Days (Duration) the report will only show the (10) hours on one date (Planned Start Date/Completion Date, depending how you set it up) - Workload Balancer however spreads the hours across two days into 5 hours for each day. So, as you can see, the reports can cause some problems with showing users as overallocated incorrectly. But, if you're tasks are always one day in length, then you can go that route.

Just some food for thought on this!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @meshackOm - Depending on how your projects are setup with hours / durations, reports aren't always the best way to go to show over allocation of hours. Instead, the Resource Management tools (Planner / Workload Balancer) are better ways to show this information. There are ways to get links to share with leadership teams that might not always go into Workfront.

The reason for this, reports in Workfront, if you have 10 Planned Hours over 2 Days (Duration) the report will only show the (10) hours on one date (Planned Start Date/Completion Date, depending how you set it up) - Workload Balancer however spreads the hours across two days into 5 hours for each day. So, as you can see, the reports can cause some problems with showing users as overallocated incorrectly. But, if you're tasks are always one day in length, then you can go that route.

Just some food for thought on this!

Level 3

Hi @VictoriaLinn thank you so much for your input and suggestion. Which links can I share with leadership teams or managers so that they can easily see resources overallocation or under allocation? 

Thanks

Mesh 

Community Advisor

On Planner, you can Export too, but both have a (very small) link option on the right that allows you to grab a shareable link. They could always go to the Resource Tools directly, but this has helped me in the past because it's less clicks. 

VictoriaLinn_0-1698239193971.png

Level 8

I have submitted this idea a while ago about workload balancer objects needing to be reportable.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/allow-workload-balancer-data-points...

Another idea I submitted was the need for a capacity line on the balancer.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/add-a-capacity-line-for-users-in-wo...