Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Resolve Project: Owner Name not an option?

Level 1
Trying to build an Issue report that shows "Resolve Project: Owner Name", but am only able to select "Resolve Project: Owner ID" which doesn't really work for my needs. Anyone know of a solution to this? Thanks! Joe Jospeh Toste Sunrun Inc.
8 Replies

Level 7
Add the Resolve Project: Owner ID column, and then switch to Text Mode and change anywhere it says "ID" to ":name". See below: valuefield=resolveProject: owner:name querysort=resolveProject: owner:name valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=resolveProject namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=resolveProject namekeyargkey.1= owner:name And, where it says "displayname=", you can add what you want to name the column. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 1
Thanks, Terry! Worked perfectly. Jospeh Toste Sunrun Inc.

Level 9
Terry thank you SO much! Also - how did you learn how to do that - i.e. what training module did I miss that I can take to catch those things? Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 7
I had learned that trick early on after we had implemented Workfront. There used to be a help article on the Support site for 'how to change ID to name value in reports via text mode', but the page does not seem to exist anymore (tried looking on the Support site so I could post link to it here but could not find it). This trick comes in handy quite a lot! Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Hey @Christina Jarosz I have found this article on the help site : https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001028853-Understanding-Common-Uses-of-Text-Mode If you navigate down to the Displaying Objects That Are Not Included in the Standard Interface hyperlink this covers changing ID to Name. @Terry Hynd FYI :) in case you need it again I did do the advanced reporting modules on Ascent before that may be helpful to you if you haven't done them already Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 6
Christina, I originally learned this during one of Workfront's Live Instructor Led training course which are way more informative (at least I think so) than their on demand modules. It might've been one of the Advanced Reporting courses. Justin Renteria SSFCU

Level 9
Thank you all - this would have saved so much aggravation over the past few months! Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 9
But this will not work in the same sense in trying to pull in a project sponsor name? ETA got it :) valuefield=resolveProject:sponsor:name valueformat=HTML linkedname=resolveProject namekey=view.relatedcolumn displayname= textmode=true namekeyargkey.0=resolveProject namekeyargkey.1=sponsor:name querysort=resolveProject:sponsor:name Christina Jarosz Ascensus