Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Requests Tab User Interface

Level 9
Has anyone had success with redesigning the UI for the requests area to condense the fields for less spacing to have a better user experience when filling in a form? We use our custom forms in the requests tab as the brief input for creative and we are running into two major issues that are causing detractors of using the tool. 1. We have many fields for our full creative brief in which some are required and the creatives need that information for the request to be completed. The challenge is the requester (Content Creative Manager) may acquire the information over the course of a week or a few days but they can not fill in the request until they have them all available. This is causing them to fill in a word document and either copy and paste all the fields to the Workfront request which isn't efficient or they are just attaching the document and and saying "see attachment" in all the fields which doesn't help the creatives. 2. Because we have so many field that we need to build the creative brief, it looks extremely long due to the spacing of the fields. There's larger gaps between fields and the right side of the screen isn't used at all. When exporting out it is 4-5 pages when in a Word document its only 1-2 pages of questions to be filled in. Both of these are causing negative emotions towards using Workfront which impacts the downstream process of the creatives managing their work and seeing all the brief information in different locations pending on the requester entering it. Does anyone have visuals of successfully redesigning the request area and who they used for it? @Amanda Gower Kimberly Rea Marketing Solution Manager
7 Replies

Level 8
Hi Kimberly, When creating/editing your custom form, do you lay any fields side by side? In the form editor they won"t appear side by side, but when you preview the form, you"ll be able to see. Kirsten Heikkinen0690z000007Zh0QAAS.png

Level 9
Hi Kirsten, Yes we do use that but it still places large gaps between the fields. The spacing between questions vertically is quick big too. We have extreme logic on our forms to build a better experience for the right questions for the right types of work and it's over 100 fields for the full campaign creative brief. Kimberly Rea Schneider Digital Solutions Manager

Level 10
We have the same problem, and while we've managed to deal with it as best we can in Classic, I feel like the new Experience UI is going to make the problem worse as the fields are even more spread out. My director has already mentioned he will need to reformat the custom form again to account for it. -skye

Level 10
Honestly, I feel for you. Except for fields we need in Workfront for tracking, finances, and such we've been very tempted to go back to our regimented Word forms on more than one occasion for input briefs. Our logic is, if we're not tracking the field data, does it need to live in Workfront's custom fields? We haven't flipped back yet, but I find myself recommending it when it comes up. :-( Also WF's custom forms print-our horribly and many folks prefer hardcopy to pass-around. If an Issue needs to convert to a Project OR to a Task, that means the same custom form in triplicate; a management headache. And then, as you pointed out: no draft mode. We've faked a draft mode but it's messy and caused alot of extra work and side-effects just to get it. What we did to mitigate was: Our request/issue queue asks a series questions that narrow requestors down to tailored briefs (as well as what team the issue will be routed to). So no mega-brief with branching logic, just smaller ones for specific tasks. We manage about a dozen currently, which matched our Word briefs. We use branching logic when we can on the forms to further cut-down on the apparent size of the brief; only show them relevant questions based on answers to other questions. Kevin Quosig

Community Advisor
Regarding your first point, please upvote this idea - it's marked as "unplanned" but read the update on it, more votes can't hurt https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSVGAA4/detail As a work-around for being able to save a draft request, we have our requestors put TBD in any of the required fields they don't have info for yet. Then we have an approval that routes back to whoever entered the request - they can reject it and add info as they get it. When the request is ready to come over to the creative team, there's another path on that same approval that routes to our project managers when the requestor changes the status to Ready to Start. It took some training to get them to remember that they had to change the status even if they filled in all the info on the first try, but it seems to be working well now.

Level 2
I'd be curious what the vertical spacing of your form looks like. I wonder if there's some admin/UI setting affecting your fonts/spacing. We too struggle to keep creative briefs to 1-2 pages if printing from WorkFront, but vertical space doesn't seem to be the culprit for us --- we too just have many fields (even with logic). Here's a snippet of minimal vertical spacing from our form below. (Screenshot is shown in it's original size. I run my screen at 90% zoom which seems to help a little). I agree with Skye though that the new Workfront Experience in it's current beta form seems to exacerbate the spacing issue. I haven't quite figured out how we're going to deal with that yet. One suggestion I always wanted to send to Workfront is to have a toggle where you can set all of a form's BLANK fields to HIDE or SHOW as needed. We don't need every field for every project and we can't logic them all out of sight unfortunately, but if they were set to disappear if left blank, that would help. Trudie Gauerke

Level 9
Hi All, Yes we do put the fields next to each other but in some cases depending on users screen size, it still places them below. We can only go so many to the side before it puts them under anyway. We do have a lot of logic on our forms to try to show the right fields for the right type of work. It's a massive admin undertaking to make updates or any changes. Kimberly Rea Schneider Digital Solutions Manager