Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Requester access to Documents tab? A request converted to a Project and original requesters don't see the Documents tab in the project. I've given them as much access as I can think of but still can't get this to appear. Ideas?

Level 10

Requesters can only get to the documents via a Notification. The layout template shows the Documents tab is active. I don't know where else to try to get this to appear for them. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ok I finally figured this out and it was a learning experience for me! It's the difference between someone being a Reviewer and a Requester. Reviewers have more options to gain access to Projects where Requesters are pretty much blocked out by default. I had my setup the complete opposite. Now I know what I'm doing this afternoon -- changing everyone's designations! Yay!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ok I finally figured this out and it was a learning experience for me! It's the difference between someone being a Reviewer and a Requester. Reviewers have more options to gain access to Projects where Requesters are pretty much blocked out by default. I had my setup the complete opposite. Now I know what I'm doing this afternoon -- changing everyone's designations! Yay!

Employee

I'm so glad you shared what your solution was! This is definitely some lingo that is useful to have explained like this about the difference between Reviewer and Requester.

Level 10

[I decided to delete my original reply to Jill to avoid confusion. Our environment is not typical and I might just be confusing matters. Sorry! 😥 ]

Level 6

We have users that submit Requests. Once the request is submitted the Project coordinators convert into projects and assign tasks to the design team. The requestor is not involved again until a proof is shared with them. We have had issues where someone tagged the requestor in a project which then allowed them full access to the project. We do not what the requestors to see behind the scenes of our projects. We currently have them all set up at Reviewers. If I were to change them to Requestors would this prevent them from getting access to the projects and still allow for them to submit requests and get proof approvals?

Level 10

In my instance requestors can see very little of any project they are on and there is no way to turn on the view to see the Task List or the Document List. I suggest you take one reviewer and change their setting to requestor and then Login As them and see what happens. Also, look at the toggles in the Access Levels in Setup and make sure it's what you want. The one part I have trouble controlling for are shared dashboards and reports, but even if a requester clicks on a project in a report they can see, they don't get very far and can't see hardly anything, but you should test this well as I did find I had to adjust sharing settings too to ensure the right people were seeing the right things.

The other thing I did just recently was made different groups for reviewers and requestors for both internal my company and external so that the external people would really be isolated and there would be no chance of accidentally sharing something with them that they shouldn't see.