Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request Queues

Level 2
Hello All, We are new to Workfront and after the initial launch and incubation, interest in Request Queues is growing and I would like to establish an overarching organization for Topic Groups, Request Topics, and Sub-topics. Following is my first pass at what this might look like to support our Sales & Marketing efforts, internal creative teams, and external agency partners. Interested in any an all insights as to how you may have approached this in your organizations. Too many groups? Too few? Wrong ones? Thanks, Workfront Request Queues Recommended Request Organization: Topic Groups, Request Topics and Sub-Topics Topic Group Request Queue Topics Request Queue Sub-Topic ( - OR - Controlled by form attributes) Creative Requests Graphic Images Animated Gifs, Cartoons, Flash, Illustrations, Infographics, Maps, Memes, Web Page Images Photography Applications/Products In Use, Facilities & Process, Finished Project, Life Style, Meetings And Shows, People, Stores, Work Sites Video TV Ads, Full Videos, Live-Streaming Video, Micro-Videos, Music Videos, Site Tour Videos Copywriting Articles, Blogs, Case Studies, Webinars, White Papers, Wikis, Quotes And Inspiration Ads Banners, Display Ads, Print Ads, Newspaper Ads, Branding Logos, Style Guides, Templates Marketing Requests Direct Communications Direct Mail, Email, Lists, Newsletters, SMS Collateral Presentation Folders, Price Sheets, Product Catalogs, Product Data Sheets, Product Technical Data Sheets, Sell Sheets, Warranty Documents Digital Banner, Landing Page, Micro-site Promotions Contests, Events, Flyers, Giveaways, Posters, Rebates And Coupons Social Media Ads, Pin Boards, Posts Point of Sale Displays And Shelving, Interactive Displays, Kiosks/Digital Displays, Signs, Store Supplies Color Marketing Color Tools, Color Brochures, Color Cards, Color Chips, Fan Decks Media Publications, TV, Radio Product Marketing Label/Packaging Product Image Sell Sheet Technical Data Sheet Events and Trade Shows Trade Shows Demonstrations Sales Events Corp. Communications Press Release Article Reprints Marketing Information Research Analytics Reporting Marketing Systems Administration Create new Request Add new user New Asset Group Onboarding Dave Koch Digital Asset Management
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dave, So is the plan to have one request queue for all of this? (Fine if you do, you just mentioned "request queues" so I wanted to confirm). Queue Topics and Topic Groups are only needed when you have different custom forms and different routing rules. If each of these have that, that is fine. But if not, I'm thinking a custom field might be better. (Especially when it comes to reporting and filtering). Also, you cannot edit/change the Topic Group or Queue Topic on a request once it has been made. So if you don't have different forms or routing rules, I'd highly recommend just using a custom field because then you can edit it if someone classifies something wrong. Another thing to think about is that Queue Topics are the lowest options and then everything else is a Topic Group. So there are only two levels. So looking at your list: Creative Requests and Graphic Images would both be Topic Groups in your project. You would just keep the change the option for "Add to Topic Group" for Graphic Images to Creative Requests instead of the default name of the Project/Queue. The Queue Topic would be Animated GIFs which would have Graphic Images as it Topic Group. When you get down to Trade Shows though, Trade show would actually be a Queue Topic since there is nothing underneath it. (Events and Trade Shows would be a Topic Group though) Hopefully that all makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 9
Many ways to slice and dice that diagram into a queue(s) Would need to better understand the structure of your current process and what changes you'd like... that said - with knowing very little of that. I'd have one request queue for each of the items on your left most column. Biggest reason being you'll have much more flexibility in which users can see each queue. Along with keeping the request process a tad more clean to those those who won't have a need for all the queues. Also depending on growth - it would give you one additional level to expand to if needed. All said and done - no really correct answer here! John Seitz ESPN Workfront System Admin

Level 10
Hi I am fairly new too and this was a challenge for me as well. I went in the opposite direction and made fewer Topic Groups to start based on 1)unique form 2)Who its gets routed to. For me it's Direct Mail Request; Email Request; Photo Request; Video Request; Miscellaneous Marketing Request. I am monitoring the Misc Group to see where there is a lot of commonality to see if it needs its own form or to be broken out. I'm thinking Print Ad might be one. Also, I'm going to add one for Digital Team and then use a Drop Down box on the form as to which kind of request: Landing page, Social Media, etc I'd love to know how other people manage this, as I went through several setups before landing on this one. Jill Ackerman

Level 7
This outline looks great. It's fairly similar to ours. Ultimately, you want to make sure that your queues are trafficking your requests to the appropriate execution teams. However, you also want them to make sense to your requestors, and you want to capture the right data on your custom forms. Beth Calvaresi Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.