Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Hyperlinks in Custom Form fields

Level 1
We currently have an automated weekly executive summary project status report that goes out with 1-2 line updates on status, color, timing, milestone, and other status fields at a high level to show overall portfolio status at a quick glance for our executive leadership. In the custom form field for the high level status, is there a way to put a hyperlink in that field to the status reports that we save within Workfront documents so they can click to see the detailed status report from the executive status report. This allows us one less e-mail that we have to send that is already sending a hyperlink each week for each project if we could embed the hyperlink into the status field after the update, then we could save sending out hundreds of e-mails each week to project team members and provide 1 overall report that they can drill into for more detail. Example: Looking through the list of projects each week, something is in a yellow or red status, they can see the reason why, then click the hyperlink in the report status field that would take you to the weekly status report that has the lowest level of detail for that project without going into each project and looking for the document. Thanks! Brent Brent Yoder United Fire Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Brent, If I'm following, you'll upload a "fresh" status report document for each Project each week, so one way to then distribute a quick link to it would be to: have the PMs (who created and upload the reports) open what they uploaded in Workfront (confirming it "made it") copy the URL to that document from their browser while they're looking at it (since each week, it will change, being a new doc) paste it into the Project's URL field which Workfront already treats as a hyperlink by design (OR in the Project Description; a cheat) include the Project URL (or Project Description) in your Portfolio Report as a new column instruct readers to click that column to open that row's current Project Status Report Admittedly, I sidestepped your desire to "detect" the latest Status Report and display it as a URL in a hyperlink. Although it might be possible to do so, I think it would be fairly tricky to noodle out, fragile, and tough to maintain, so my first suggestion would be as above, which is simple (albeit manual) and a good way to determine how useful/used the link is. Then, once it's cost justifiable, I'd suggest you consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubercalc/">UberCalc solution (or some other such API-based alternative) to automate the manual step. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads