Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Request Queue

Level 5
Does anyone know if I can add an excel sheet to a request queue. We have a form that clients fill out at an initial meeting and we want to be able to add that blank form to a request queue we have set up called new client. We already have it so you can add a document after the fact, but are looking for a way to add the blank form to the request to be filled out when the request is made. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG
9 Replies

Level 8
Hey Michelle, We have a link in some of our requests that downloads an excel spreadsheet. For this to work though, you need to have the excel spreadsheet stored in a public place. I'm not sure that would work for external clients? We have ours stored on a SharePoint site that everyone has access to. Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 5
It would be internal on SharePoint. It is basically what I need to know when our Sales team goes out on a new client call. Sales would complete the Excel sheet not the client. @Kirsten Heikkinen where did you put the link on your request? Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Level 8

Add a "descriptive text" field and then enter in the hyperlink for where your excel sheet is saved. I've attached a screenshot of our field settings. The 'label' doesn't matter - it doesn't show anywhere on the form. The 'descriptive text' is the text that users will be clicking. The 'hyperlink' is where you put the actual link. Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation0690z000007ZhTrAAK.png

Level 5
Thank you so much!!! Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Community Advisor
I have a document that is downloadable from the request for external users. Instead of storing the document on a sharepoint site that external users can't access, I have it stored in the documents tab of the request queue project and have the document shared with my "external users" group.

Level 5
@Heather Kulbacki how do you keep that document on the documents tab from getting "lost" as other documents are loaded into the request queue? Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Community Advisor
You could put it into a folder in the documents tab.

Level 2
Hi - does the user need to submit the request before they can access this document or have you found a way for them to download the document while filling out the request form? Thanks! Rebecca Johnson

Community Advisor
@Rebecca Johnson if you use the "descriptive text" field, they can absolutely access the document from the request form. Something else we've started to do is put any documents that are linked to from request forms are all in a separate project together, apart from the Request Queues. In this case the document is shared with anyone who has access to the Request Queue, but the project those documents are not shared with those users. So the request form is the only way they have to access it. I'm sure they could search the document and go right to the document details tab, but I also don't see them going to that effort.