Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reporting Question: Calculated field taking in two different fields for one response (nested IF statements, plus an additional value field)

Level 4

We have a request to produce one report that shows the following items:

Global Campaigns, Global Products, Region A, Region B, Region C

Value 1 = Region field with a dropdown of Global, Region A, Region B, Region C

Value 2 = Prioritization field that shows what the category they fall under.

So the desired end result for the calculated field would be: IF(Region="Global" AND Prioritization="Campaign","Global Campaign",IF(Region = A, "All A",""))

Desired result would look like this:

GLOBAL Campaign

GLOBAL Product

All A

All B

All C

How do I write out an "and" statement to pull two different values for one result within my nested IF statements?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I think I've found the answer - and that I'd use a condition operator: &&

So IF(Region="Global"&&Prioritization="Campaign","Global Campaign",IF(Region=A,"All A",""))

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else needs this type of thing. 😊

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I think I've found the answer - and that I'd use a condition operator: &&

So IF(Region="Global"&&Prioritization="Campaign","Global Campaign",IF(Region=A,"All A",""))

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else needs this type of thing. 😊

Level 10

Huzzah! Well done, Heather!

Oddly enough, I was just looking at a different && example a couple of hours ago, but failed to make the connection that it could also work in your case. Glad you got it going!

Regards,

Doug

Employee

I echo Doug's congratulations and thank you for sharing your solution! I'm 100% sure someone else will want to know how to do this in the future!