Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on Hours in stage of a project

Level 10
What's the best way to pull the report which shows all effort ( all hours logged against it) in dependency on which stage of project it was? Our every stage is a parent task, which got children task and subtask. I need to pull report about hours logged against them in whole system. any idea ?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 3
If you are looking at it one project at a time, you could create a view that includes the task name, Task Actual Hours, and other columns. When you look at the Task view, you'll see the hours summed up at different levels.We have something similar in our project setup, though the names are not always consistent. The view in the attachment shows one project. The parent task Data Delivery Team has about 200 hours reported against it and so the sum is correct at 646. If you're interested in multiple projects, a report would be the better option, though I don't know what you'd group the tasks by Srini

Level 10
I am having trouble getting Workfront to sum - my hours - look at the column heading - those hours are not Sums. I also need to know why the actual hours are all 0's. I have recalculated the timeline and finances on all of my projects. I can dump this into excel and just sum it - but I want to do it using workfront - do you have a solution?

Level 10
Following the topic... Is there a way to create Calculated field on task custom form which shows number of Actual Hours logged on the parent task? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD