Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report showing who completed a task

Level 8

Hi! I am looking for a way to create a task report to show who completed a task. I did try using the Last Updated By: Name column but this data was proving out to not be accurate for who actually completed the task. Thank you in advance.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hei @Kiersten Kollins‚

Just a small question, are you looking also with in specific period, such as this month or also with respect to company.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 8

We would pull in all data since we implemented Workfront 2 years ago, but would use a prompt to target a timeframe for actual completion. Thanks!

Level 10

Hi Kiersten - I have a note report that I put on a dashboard and in the layout template for my PMs, that shows them who completed a task on this porject.

It is a Note report.

The columns I use are Task Number, Task Name, Owner Name, and Entry Date.

The filter is...

auditText=Complete

auditText_Mod=cicontains

taskID_Mod=notblank

0694X00000C1gujQAB.pngHope that helps :)

Level 8

Thanks, Anthony. I attempted this report but was not able to return accurate date when comparing the owner name to the task history for when a task was completed. I will keep this suggestion in mind though for other needs. :)

Level 10

Interesting... I wonder what is causing the discrepancies. We've been using this report for about 5 years now and do our audits with it and haven't noticed any of the data been wrong.

Level 10

Thanks @Anthony Imgrund‚

For sharing this filter code. I also used some of prompt to filter project owner and task status. I found after running the report that some of task appears more than one time. Is it any reason for that? Could you guide in this regard?

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 10

Hi Kundan - My only thought is that maybe the task was completed and then reopened and then completed again. Are the date and time different between the two line items you see for the task?

Level 1

Hi,

I know this is an old chain, but I am in the same boat. This should be BASIC FUNCIONALITY for auditing purposes. The person who completed the task is not always the person who last updated. In cases where there are regulatory guidelines, we need to show the person assigned is the person who completed the task. I've worked with other software and this was always base functionality, and for obvious reasons. I can't understand why this hasn't been resolved with an enhancement request rather than having to write custom text mode code in every single report.