Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report on most used fields in custom form

Level 2

Is there a way to report on which fields are used the most often in a custom form?

We are trying streamline our custom form and knowing which fields are used the most would help

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

I would create a report on the object your form is attached to (project, task, etc.) and display the desired fields. Then you can sort by each column and see which are blank, or not.

This approach works if there are a few hundred rows, if there are thousands, you may want to aggregate a count.

Level 10

Hi Tami,

In addition to Randy's excellent suggestions, I also invite you to consider our:

+ Excel Updater Generator solution, which can generate a .txt file containing a textmode view of every column in a selected custom form of interest

+ Report Categories and Parameters solution, which will help you visualize where each custom parameter is being used among your custom forms

+ Health Checker solution, which (among other things) can help you assess which custom parameters are "dead" (not used) or "rusty" (seldom used)

Regards,

Doug