Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report for planned Iteration work completed vs. unplanned iteration work

Level 2
Hi - I'm trying to find the best way to create a report that shows me completed planned iteration work vs. unplanned iteration work. here are my parameters. During a defined timeframe (example "this month) for a defined set of users (i.e. joe smith): - Completed tasks or issues within an iteration VS. - Completed tasks or issues NOT within an iteration - sum up planned hours vs. actual hours for both I am trying a Work Item report and all it allows is to show the iteration ID (which I can convert to the name) on the view. I can try using text edit to group by iteration (not sure if it will let me) and then chart it but hoping someone has figured this one out. It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult so I want to be sure I'm not missing something first. Thank you! Kate Kate Heskett Stream Companies
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

@Kate Heskett - I would try this:

Create a Task Report with the following data columns:

Task Name Actual Hours Iteration: Name Add some attributes: Sum Actual Hours Group by Iteration Name Report Options - Prompts: Assigned to Name Actual Completion Date Chart - however you'd like. Pie can be challenging. For my example, I'm using a column chart, since I chose a wide time range to demo, covering multiple iterations. You'll have to duplicate this report and change the chart criteria, potentially (one for hours, one for # of tasks in/out of an iteration). Screenshots attached... is this what you're going for?

Greg Troester CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.0690z000007Zi9EAAS.jpg

Level 2
Hi Greg, Thanks so much for the example. It's close, I would also want to see "issues within an iteration" on the above report as well. I do have some ideas that I could probably spin off of what you have above. I was trying to avoid 2 reports, one of work completed within an iteration and one for work completed outside an iteration but not sure if that will be possible. Thank you for your help! Kate Kate Heskett Stream Companies