Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Recalculate all Custom Fields system wide?

Level 5

Does anyone know of a way that I can recalculate all custom fields at once? I didn't see anything in set-up. I have some calculations that I would have preferred to do as calculated columns but because I needed to aggregate them we had to do calc fields on the object. Since Calc fields only update when the form is saved I was hoping to find a way to push a system wide recalculate from time to time. If not, I'll have to go into the form in settings and save and "update" for each field. Which is a pain. 😕

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Kristy,

I have two suggestions.

To skip the manual "update & save to force the recalc", you can instead use this technique I figured out to force a particular parameter to recalc every time (although I'd suggest, on the datacenter's behalf, that you use it sparingly): IF(DATEDIFF("d",$$NOW,$$NOW)=0,[original formula],[original formula). The presence of $$NOW in the formula ensures that the formula is recalculated, and by repeating the formula in both the true and false branch -- although redundant -- kept fresh.

To skip the manual "system wide recalc from time to time", I invite you to consider our Recalc Helper and/or Recalc Parameters solutions allowing you to easily filter and recalculate the custom parameters on either an ad-hoc or scheduled basis (respectively), thereby increasing your confidence and their value.

Regards,

Doug