Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Done" button on the Work List

Level 2

For completing a Request: Should the "Done" button on the Work List update the status to "Complete"? We are seeing work disappear from the Work List when someone clicks "done" but the actual status of the Request does not change.

Thank you for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lynda,

The default functionality of Workfront is to change the status of a request (or issue) to resolved when the done button is clicked. However you are able to customise what status is applied when done is clicked for different teams. The article here on Workfront One explains in more detail.

If this is not what is causing your issue, there are a few other things I would look at . . . .

(1) If the request is assigned to multiple users and one user has clicked 'done with my part' as opposed to resolved (or whatever status is used in your environment), then the request will dissapear from that users worklist but the request will not be set to resolve because it is still waiting for other assignees to mark their part as done too.

(2) If you are converting your requests to tasks (and a task is what is appearing in the work list, not the request itself). It could be that Workfront is not configured to tie request resolution to it's resolvable object. If you are an admin, go to Setup>Project Preferences>Tasks & issues, and in that section there is a setting for 'Automatically update Resolvable Issue status when the status of the Resolving Object changes'. If this is deselected, request (issue) statuses will not get updated when it's resolving task is changed.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lynda,

The default functionality of Workfront is to change the status of a request (or issue) to resolved when the done button is clicked. However you are able to customise what status is applied when done is clicked for different teams. The article here on Workfront One explains in more detail.

If this is not what is causing your issue, there are a few other things I would look at . . . .

(1) If the request is assigned to multiple users and one user has clicked 'done with my part' as opposed to resolved (or whatever status is used in your environment), then the request will dissapear from that users worklist but the request will not be set to resolve because it is still waiting for other assignees to mark their part as done too.

(2) If you are converting your requests to tasks (and a task is what is appearing in the work list, not the request itself). It could be that Workfront is not configured to tie request resolution to it's resolvable object. If you are an admin, go to Setup>Project Preferences>Tasks & issues, and in that section there is a setting for 'Automatically update Resolvable Issue status when the status of the Resolving Object changes'. If this is deselected, request (issue) statuses will not get updated when it's resolving task is changed.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thank you @Richard Leek‚! This is exactly what I needed and it worked! I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Lynda Hanford

Level 10

@Lynda Hanford‚ , agree with @Richard Leek‚ . We had similar challenge before, then we edited the functionality of changing status with respect to team. And this is important too. Because if we keep more than one option then we need to change the status manually. Any how, if the user select Done button, it should complete his / her part of work, else you can keep hold on by connecting with team. This can be easily visible in report also.

Mch

Kundan.

Level 2

Thank you @Kundan Kumar‚ Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was able to get it to work through the article Richard included. I appreciate your help!