Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Queue ID vs Queue Definition ID

Level 6

Hi All,

Our team has been using issues chiefly as as requests for incoming, unplanned work.

Recently we decided we wanted to be able to log reasons for task delays in some of our projects.  There was a point of emphasis that we need to have the ability to log more than one reason for delay.  Rather than trying to use a multi-select custom task field (which would cause difficulties when trying to sum/chart the individual selections in a report), I think we're going to log the delays as issues on the tasks.

We're likely going to be doing some processing in Fusion of the requests in our queue, so I started looking at ways to differentiate the requests from the delay issues (or from additional requests/issues handled by other units in our company).  I created an issue report of two test issues--a task delay issue and a request:

queue fields.png

For the delay issue, there's obviously no Queue Topic; however, there is a Queue ID.  I can use the Queue Definition ID as a filter in a Watch Events module, but now I'm curious--what exactly is the Queue ID in a non-request issue, and what function does it serve?

Just trying to educate myself here.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, 

here is how I see it, although happy to learn from other as well:

to me Queue ID and Queue Definition ID are the same thing. this is clearly visible when you switch to text mode for queue ID field

Rafal_Bainie_0-1717151030311.png

I guess this shows as blank in line with topic ID missing in a given situation, and because that 2nd ID is being pulled via queue topic.

But to answer your question specifically, request/issue is always raised somewhere, on a project, on a task, so there is always some unique identifier for that location simply.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, 

here is how I see it, although happy to learn from other as well:

to me Queue ID and Queue Definition ID are the same thing. this is clearly visible when you switch to text mode for queue ID field

Rafal_Bainie_0-1717151030311.png

I guess this shows as blank in line with topic ID missing in a given situation, and because that 2nd ID is being pulled via queue topic.

But to answer your question specifically, request/issue is always raised somewhere, on a project, on a task, so there is always some unique identifier for that location simply.