Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Pulling task issue info to the task report

Level 3
Hi, I am wondering if it's possible to build the task report showing task custom form fields and custom form fields for the issues raised for this particular task in one report. Hope that makes sense. At the moment when I am building task report, issue fields are not available, they only exist as Rejection Issue fields which doesn't pull anything. Thanks Marta Marta Sowa
1 Reply

Level 9
The way Workfront created the database structure each WF Type (Task, Issue, Project etc...) is a unique Database Table or "lund" in short the tables are not connected, this greatly increases speed and scalability of the platform. BUT pending on what data you are trying to build in there are a few ways to do what you want. 1. Simple approach in both construction and value: Building multiple reports (Task, Issue etc) and then add them to a new or existing dashboard, As i said not the best way, but it does display the correct data AND allows the data to be manipulated in the report with ease. 2. Look into creating a custom report - take a look at the knowledge entry on Building Collections - not in this style the reporting screens will not allow you to adjust the values on the report. 3. pair up with a reporting consultant, it will require a custom report IE Text Mode - where you can join the majority of tables from different components but keep in mind this approach can be brittle in that any changes to your custom forms COULD break the report. John Seitz DTCI | Disney |