Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Problems with Planner role - drag and drop and grouping tasks

Level 2
Hi everybody, We have a problem with the functionalities of one of our planners. The account was started as a Worker licence and upgraded later to a planner licence. Now this user is not able to drag and drop tasks within a schedule, while I am able in his schedules to do that. Also he cannot indent/outdent tasks and therefore create parent/child relationsships. Has anybody experienced this before or do you know what goes wrong here? Thanks a lot, Laura Laura Rackwitz
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Laura, Do they have Manage access to the Project? Under Project Actions > Sharing.

Level 2
Hi Vic, Yes, he is the owner and has managing rights. He also logged in on my laptop to his account to check if it is in some computer settings, but that is also not the case. So it must be something in the background, probably somewhere in the admin setup area. We compared everything under "My Settings" and that is identical for us. The weird thing is also that in my projects and templates, where I have parent-child relations and the parent task is shown in bold and the children are indented a bit; he cannot see that when opening my templates. For him the view is just all tasks below each other and no bold or indented. I even gave him managing rights to my projects as a test, but still nothing changed. Regards, Laura Laura Rackwitz

Level 6
This may not be the case but I had a project coordinator complaining of the same issue. When i took a look at his view he wasn't sorting the tasks by task number. If you click the grey area above the task numbers to sort by that column that should give back the view with the parent tasks and the ability to move tasks within the list. Let me know if that works. Tracy Parmeter

Level 2
Thanks Tracy, this solved the problem :-) Laura Rackwitz

Level 6
Oh I'm so glad. This group has helped me several times and it feels good to give back.

Level 10
Hi Laura, Ah, is the Task List sorted by the Task # for him?

Level 10
Oops, didn't see this. I promise I wasn't just parroting Tracy's response �� .