Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Pull form dropdown choices from an uploaded list

Level 2

Hello,

Is there a way to upload a list to populate the form dropdown choices. We would like to have the user select from a list of clients, but the list is well over 1,000. Entering and managing that list in the Workfront form is not sustainable. Also, once we have this we want to share the field across the organization. Picture below.

Thanks,

John

dropdown.jpg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi John,

I would recommend that you "Export" custom data out of your instance and see if you could use that format to "Import" the custom field that you are planning to upload. 

Just a reminder that kickstart does not update an existing value it just creates

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi John,

There are multiple ways to do this action:

1. You can start with KickStart to upload the list in the custom form 
  2. You can use Workfront Fusion to run on a scheduled to automatically populate and update the list as it becomes available. This would require an excel spreadsheet that has the list
  3. If the Client List is on a system like salesforce or any other open API platform, you can use Workfront Fusion to integrate and get the list and keep it in sync 
  4. We at Capabilitysource, have a CS Labs, that can also building a solution where we can make it more customizable

Hope this helps,

Souvir Bhuta

CapabilitySource Transformation at Work

Phone: 773.412.6607

Site: www.capabilitysource.com

Email: souvir.bhuta@capabilitysource.com

Schedule time with me : calendly.com/souvir-bhuta

Level 2

Thanks @Sbhuta . We currently do not have access to Fusion. We are fine with manually uploading a list every few months. The issue we have is we do not see a kickstart for custom forms. We would expect we could download the kickstart, ID our form, Update the data and upload the KickStart. dropdown.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi John,

I would recommend that you "Export" custom data out of your instance and see if you could use that format to "Import" the custom field that you are planning to upload. 

Just a reminder that kickstart does not update an existing value it just creates