Expand my Community achievements bar.

Public/Non-WF Users Access to Submitting a Request

Level 9

I believe this still is a limitation but we'd like to enable non-WF users to submit a request via a request queue. We aren't interested in provisioning each user as a stakeholder or auto-provisioning.

However, we would like to expand the functionality.

Has anyone figured out a workaround?

I know you can enable 'email requests' but the information doesn't make it into the custom form by that method.

For context purposes, I am exploring expanding this for our corporate compliance area who does receive communications from throughout the company that are not related to our marketing area.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Church of Latter Day Saints gave a presentation one year at Leap showcasing how they used a website to get users to fill out a web form and then converted it to a project on the back end via API. If you have API support, you can probably do something similar here. There's also Fusion which would do a similar thing, maybe by watching a spreadsheet, or integrating with another app where they would fill out the form.

Level 10

Hi @skyehansen

Do you have any link about the showcase?

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

We debated switching project management systems to SmartSheets in the past. They have a public request form link that can be sent to anyone for requests. I see a need for this and wonder why Workfront hasn't elevated this option to the top. There are times when I would like to send a link to a request form to our HR department to make a request instead of going in and setting them up with a requestor account which then will require me to get them set up with an SSO account (can take days if IT is busy) for one request. So instead, I have them fill out a Word DOC with request form types of questions and convert their email to me into a project.