Expand my Community achievements bar.

PTO report by date

Level 4
Hi All, We have this great PTO report but I can't figure out how to sort so that the upcoming PTO dates are listed in the actual date order, not the order they were entered into the Time Off calendar. Below is my text mode of how it currently displays. sortOrder=1 sortType=asc does not work. displayname=Future Time Off listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(reservedTimes).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({startDate}>$$TODAY,CONCAT({startDate}," - ",{endDate})) valueformat=HTML Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Lila, Unfortunately I don't believe that is possible when displaying data from collections in WF. PTO management and reporting is somewhere that Workfront really need to invest. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 3
I wonder if there is a long scary nested IF, THEN statement that would force a correct order in the valueexpression? Seems like that might be the only way in... Jane Stavinoha Vendor

Level 7
Hey all, David is spot on. Collections just pulls from the database and displays it as it pulls it. I've never heard of anyone being able to sort the results. One thing a couple of customers I've worked with over the years have done, is to create a request queue for PTO. This works on 3 facets, it lets you use issues to log time (as PTO) and allows you to be more precise than the 15 minute increments available in the GUI. It also shows against your work load. And finally, it allows you to utilize an approval process instead of just automatically accepting time off. Just a thought though. Use whatever works best for the needs of your company. Good luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront