Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proofing Licenses

Level 2
Hi all- Curious how you handle proofing licenses in your organizations? Here is my struggle: We ask everyone to upload a marked-up PDF (if applicable) when they submit their request. The problem is, we generally have to download the PDF to see the changes since it's not marked up in proof HQ. This is mostly an annoyance because it does cause some rework on the PM's side before our designer starts working on a project. Our ideal situation is they would load the PDF, generate a proof, then make the changes, but we only have 10 proofing licenses (designers and PMs are the ones that use them currently. We have 50+ requesters, so it would be a lot of additional proofing licenses if we gave everyone access. Just curious if others handle proofing licenses the same way we do, or if there are other ways orgs handle this. Thanks! Malisa Lieser Tennant
1 Reply

Level 4
Hey there! It sounds like two different situations are playing out - the requestor communicating their changes (and how the team sees this) and then how the updated PDFs are served back to the requestor. I'm not sure if the requestor would be able to upload their document and create a proof, unless they were able to submit their request with the document attached, then go back into the request, create the proof, open the proof and annotate their changes via Proof. I wonder if they could include a summary of their changes copied into a field in their request? Considering licenses, it would be a two-step process for them to submit the document, have it land with a PM / Designer to create a proof, then go back to the requestor to annotate. But, that would help with the paper trail and having all the comments within Proof. Related to creating proofs, we prefer to have only the PMs create proofs - not even designers / production - based on the reviewers needed to be added, timing, training of creating proofs, etc. We can also ensure the docs are the correct ones being routed to the team (not saying that some designers would upload the wrong ones..but, #youneverknow). You many want to reach out to your WF Account Rep - the newer license models may include more proofing licenses to distribute broadly across the group... Let us know where you land! Jaimeson Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.