Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ProofHq Dashboard

Level 2

How external users can see all their proofs and the deadline in proofhq dashboard

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

This can be achieved natively by using a Proofing Report. Your filters will want to be something like the following:

Proof Approval> Awaiting Decision = True

Approver>Name = $$USER.ID

Columns can be adjusted to include a link to the document and deadline date. 

Add it to a dashboard and pin to the Dasboards view of your external user's layout template.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

This can be achieved natively by using a Proofing Report. Your filters will want to be something like the following:

Columns can be adjusted to include a link to the document and deadline date. 

Add it to a dashboard and pin to the Dasboards view of your external user's layout template.

Hope that helps!

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for helping me. I tried with this filter for create proof approval report.

but final result is not display any data . i am not sure what happens

Level 2

How can i adjusted a column like deadline date and can you tell me process of external users layout template?

Level 3

While you were in the edit view of the report, open the report option and enter in someone you know would have outstanding proofs into the "R

In order to pin it to a dashboard, you'll first need to create a dashboard with only the Pending Proof Report you created on it.

To create the layout: Go to Setup and select Interface. Select the layout template you want to edit or click "New Layout Template". Then, under "Customize what users see" select Dashboards and add the Dashboard you created in the "Left panel" section. Save. Make sure that it is assigned to each of your external users in their settings.

Level 2

Hi ,

We don't need proof report. right now i am working on ProofHQ dashboard. There i need to show One more filed name is "deadline " . and i want to show this dashboard to our external Users

Level 3

Oh! Our external users cannot access ProofHQ so the above steps is what can be done within Workfront as a work-around. A deadline date column can be added to the native Workfront report to meet your needs. 

Level 2

How can i share Proof report and dashboard to external users?

Please provide me all process, i have tried to share dashboard to external users but its not showing access list .

Level 3

I don't know your system set up so I can't give you an exact step by step but. 

1. Check the users' access level and make sure they have dashboard view permissions. 

2. Set up and "External Users" group or team and add the users to it

3. Try sharing the dashboard again to those users once you have confirmed they have dashboard view access from Step 1.

Level 2

i want to share dashboard to our external users only, while i am share my dashboard external users name doe's not show.

what is the best way to show proof report or dashboard to my external users access level only?

Is there any way i am using api key to get all my proof data or dashboard to show our outside website ?

Level 3

Are the externals set up with user accounts within Workfront? If not that would be the first step. Then, check the access level permissions and make sure they are allowed access Dashboards. I would reach out to WF support for guidance on APIs. You may need Fusion if you do not have it already.

Level 2

Yes , i have setup some users access as "External Users" but how i changed those external users access level so they will able to access Dashboard?

Level 2

Hi , thanks for proof report suggestion, I need to add some more filter in this report

1. each report should only show proofs from the owner of the proofs

2.Proofs that are related to a completed project, should not be shown on the list

This two point i need to add using filter, can you suggest what filter should i use?

Level 3

I would try Project Completion is not equal to 100% or Proofing Decision is equal to pending and see if either of those give you the results you are looking for. 

Level 2

for this below line

complete project proof not showing

how to create this filter?

Level 2

I am checking those filter but i did't found this kind of filters in proof Approval report type, Please check on proof approval type report and let me know which filter i should use for it.

i want to to filter out proofs based on completed projects

Level 2

After use this filter still some of the complete projects proof showing in my report

Level 3

Proofs should always have a decision made on them as a best practice. I would advise project owners to go back to the items on your list from closed projects and make decisions on those proofs so they fall off the report. 

Level 2

right now all complete project and non-complete projects proof approval decision is pending, after use this new filter i see 1-2 proofs are showing from complete projects and other proofs are showing from non-complete projects, why this problem happens?

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, Its very helpfull to me.

I need one more help

1) from this proof report when i open any proof with out login in workfront , that proof url is redirect to login page, is that any way users can access any proof without login in workfront.

or i also tried with external users to access any proof form proof report but when i open any link it should be open a blank page,

please give me a idea how can access any proof with out login and external users also.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 194232.png

2)How to add the project name which the proof is related in proof approval report?