Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Proof Notification default to No

Level 2

Is there anyway to create a proof & have the New Proof page 'notify recipients about this proof' box UNCHECKED as the default?  We want to create a Proof by having it auto-generate but it creates way too many notifications.  The only way I've found to shut them off is to uncheck that box when the proof is created.  It is extra time / steps for each proof.  Shutting off the User ID in Proof's email notification to 'disabled' doesn't stop the notifications.  Am I missing a place to make that adjustment?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm pretty sure that there is nowhere to change that setting to not have it selected on default. I've looked in setup and in the separate proof site settings - there seems to be setting options for everything but that!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm pretty sure that there is nowhere to change that setting to not have it selected on default. I've looked in setup and in the separate proof site settings - there seems to be setting options for everything but that!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 7

Who is it auto notifying?  Is it inheriting a workflow?  There are ways to configure your environment so that when you generate a proof there are 0 reviewers in the proofing workflow.  If that was the case I do not understand who or how anyone is being notified of the proof.

Additionally, each user has some level of control over their email preferences in their setup.  Generally, our users who tend to get overwhelmed prefer a proofing notification default of "responds to my comments" so that they're not being notified when someone makes a comment which might be irrelevant to them.

Level 2

We are not using workflows.  We like the ability to @ people in proof comments - that works great.  But we have designers who create the proof by it auto-generating, we have Proof User ID's set as 'disabled' but people are getting notifications for 'new versions' once they are added to the proof.  And when they open the proof - that appears to add them.  What I found is that if we 1. Designer (author role) Creates the Proof 2. adds 1 person as the proof owner 3. Un-Checks the 'notify recipients' box THEN the designer doesn't get any notifications, the owner controls the people to review it & 'new version' notifications to users stops.  I would LOVE to set the 'notify recipients' box as Un-Checked .... 

Level 7

I wasn't sure if you were aware, but this can be done in proofing workflows.  Have you considered using proofing workflows to achieve your goals?

Level 2

I looked at them previously, but hadn't considered the impact to notifications was looking at the other functionality.  I will revisit, thank you!     

Level 7

The basic idea to start off with might be:  Artist uploads document -> generates proof -> applies pre-set proofing workflow to proof -> modify if necessary -> share

Level 2

I did set up a basic workflow for this - works great!  Thank you. 

1 other related item, The Artist is creating / uploading the proof & I have them as the Author role (in Proof) this is generating an item on their worklist to approve the proof.  We do not need / want this item on the Artist worklist - I see the documentation says the Author should not see this on their worklist.  What am I missing?