Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Defaults Not Working?

Level 10
Hi I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing an issue where the defaults for Role & Email Alerts are not automatically populating when sharing a proof. I'm seeing a lot of weirdness where someone who has the default of "Review+Approve" comes up as "Reviewer" and the person who uploaded the proof swears they aren't changing anything. We only use the basic workflow. I can't seem to replicate it when I upload a proof, so I don't know if this is systemic or my users are doing something inadvertently, or the settings are changing at some other point, or what so I thought I'd see if anybody else has any input on this. Thanks. Jill Ackerman
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Jill, We have issues with that as well, but have had no solution. Even when people swear they use it correctly, and the default role is Reviewer + Approver -> it still goes out as Reviewer. Same issue with All Activity and Disabled. We use Automated Workflows, so I don't think that is the issue. Thanks, good luck and let me know if you get any progress on this! Emily Pandzik Staples, Inc.

Level 10
Thanks Emily. I just put in a ticket, maybe you can too go show that it’s systemic. I heard that someone else was also experiencing this and they also put in a ticket. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone

Level 2
Hi, We had an issue like the one described here, but it was patched around 2 weeks ago. Would it be possible to raise a defect for this so that we could look at this again? Thank you Katarzyna Jasiak Workfront

Level 4
This is a grandfather issue. If someone was in Workfront/ProofHQ (before the merger), the default came from the PHQ side. Now that WF has added the settings to WF Setup, those parameters take over. So there is no real answer unless you know who was set up and when (before or after the merger). If you consider what is the lesser of all the evils, and how many status' have to be changed each proof, then you can set the review and approval in your WF settings. I currently have new users (those people added today forward) as Reviewer (that won't stop a deadline), and Guest users as Reviewers & Approvers. (I think this is more what PHQ called all users). So, I know that is not a really good answer, but maybe it explains the "behind the scenes" Samantha Senior Specalist, Creative Services 817-424-2186 **please use the "forward", if replying to a question about an attachment.