Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Proof comment counts incorrect? Has anybody noticed that the flag in the Project next to a Document may not have the correct number of comments in the actual proof?

Level 10

I have a Proof with 1 version and 1 comment with a resolution, so maybe it could count as 2 comments. The flag in the Documents tab for the Proof shows 7 comments. I think it's counting Updates made outside of the Proof, which is very confusing to the designer who is expecting to find more comments within the proof. I've opened a ticket, but wondering if anybody has had this experience and has any more information about it.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

The odd way WF treats Workfront Proof (PHQ) information has confused us from Day 1. I instruct users not to use the Task/Document quick-look summaries as a source of truth, nor the info in the Updates stream sent from PHQ.

They are instead instructed to use the links that appear when you hover over the proof document (Proof Details, Proof Summary, etc.) or to go into the proof (i.e., open it in PHQ).

The other one that trips users up is while it makes sense to do replies to a comment as sub-items, exports to a PDF do not reflect this (Adobe doesn't support it). For example in PHQ, I can have Comment 3, 3.1, 3.2 but the PDF will count these as three separate comments and renumber them (causing a disconnect between PHQ and Acrobat). Not sure what a good solution would be, but this disconnect is confusing in workflows like ours where a PDF checklist offline is more handy than viewing everything in PHQ.

Level 10

Hi - in Workfront, it will count all comments and replies that are made in Workfront. So if you have people commenting on a document and not inside the proof, yes, those comments are counted. (However, please note that I believe that functionality will be shut off in 20.3. If a document is a proof, you will not be able to comment on it or reply to a comment via the update stream.)

We don't comment on documents via the update stream and our comment counts in the Workfront interface match the count that is in ProofHQ. (Or at least it did for the 10 most recent proofs I just checked.).

Can you look at the comments for that document that says seven and see if any of the comments/replies don't have "Proof Comment:"

Level 10
Yes, that’s it, Updates made on the Documents tab while the Proof is highlighted are getting counted in. Sometimes we have things to say to each other that aren’t exactly edits to the Proof, like “this is good to go” or “can you send this to John” type of thing. If this is going to change, then that’s good news!