Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Prompt not working on Milestone dashboard after R1

Level 2
We have a dashboard that includes a milestone report along with several other reports. When I go to the dashboard directly & complete the prompts for "Project Name Equals ‘XX’ " on the Milestone report section, the dashboard will show milestone status for ALL projects instead of just the selected project. Other reports on the dashboard work as expected, ie., prompts limit data to the selected project name. The same dashboard, when added to a project tab, works as expected and shows only that project's milestone and other report data. This seems to have started after R1 because it was working as expected before then. Any ideas what’s wrong or how to fix it? This is an issue because we like to use the “Dashboard” view (outside of the project) to print from because it’s prints cleaner PDFs than when printed from a project tab.
7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tammy. That sounds like a bug, and I'd suggest you raise it in help.workfront.com

accordingly. In the meantime, I'd suggest you try:

replacing Project Name with Project ID in the report prompt, since the latter will let users search by Project Name as they are used to, but will connect on the Project's GUID, which might be "tighter" and get the single-row result you seek

copying the report and seeing if doing so "clears" the behavior in the copy

rebuilding the report from scratch for the same purpose

consider our UberFilter solution, which provides a one-button-save that will update the filters of all Reports on a Dashboard with the new Workfront filter you have now selected (see screenshot)

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZiZMAA0.png

Level 2
Thanks - I went ahead and opened a ticket. Copying the dashboard and fiddling with it didn't help at all. :)

Level 4
We have the same issue with a user in our China Office.

Level 2
Dave - I have an open ticket with Workfront - I'll let you know what I hear!

Level 4
Please reply back with what you hear from WF - this would be very helpful for my team, as well!

Level 2
Workfront was able to resolve the issue by deploying a fix to our environment June 1st. It's been working for us since then. If you're having issues, I suggest you open a ticket!