Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Projects I'm On' question

Level 2
Hi all, Does anyone have insight into the Projects I'm On tab? We have team members who are listed on the People tab under Staffing, but do not have any tasks or assignments on the project. Because of this, they are seeing way more in the 'Projects I'm On tab than they are actually working on, and it's causing some confusion. I read this article, and am still not quite sure how this is happening.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8
Go to the people tab on the template you used for that project, the extra people may have come from there. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
This happened to me when I created a template from a project and all the people from that initial project were still attached and then, to every project created from that template. Also the resource managers assigned are in the project even if they don’t have tasks.

Level 3
If you copy tasks from another project, Workfront will populate the people who were assigned in the "copy-from" project into that area of the "copy-to" project. That could be the "why" to your question. The fix is, as the previous person noted, to delete them from the new project. We try to avoid copying tasks from one project to another for that reason. It just creates work for our PMs. Templates that you attach and modify are a better approach, we've found. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 10
Jill, that is a brilliant observation. I rarely create Templates from Projects, but can easily see how doing so could inadvertently create this all too common "how'd-SHE-get-on-this-Project??" situation. Well done! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads