Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Projects active/closed/completed in the LAST MONTH, automated report

Level 1
Hi. I'd like to create a report that shows all projects that were active in the last month, including ones that were closed and completed during that month. And the kicker is, I'd like to have that report send automatically to a group of users. I'm stumped here by the 'last month' part without having to have users sort by view everytime they open the automatically sent report. TIA for any help!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 5
Depending on what you mean by the last month you can use these in place of fixed calendar dates Last 0 days $$TODAY-30d Previous 4 weeks $$TODAYbw-4w Last calendar month $$TODAYbm-1m d is days w is week m is month q is quarter y is year b is beginning of e is end of So the second one would read: 4 weeks before the beginning of the current week On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM Heather Sterns < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Hi. I'd like to create a report that shows all projects that were active > in the last month, including ones that were closed and completed during > that month. And the kicker is, I'd like to have that report send > automatically to a group of users. I'm stumped here by the 'last month' > part without having to have users sort by view everytime they open the > automatically sent report. TIA for any help! > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 1
Thanks, Melinda. Last calendar month would be what I need. Now where can I specify that? In 'report prompts'? I can't seem to add a date range as a filter...

Level 5
What I usually do is test a filter with fixed dates, and then you type the $$TODAY variable in place of the date in the filter On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:35 AM Heather Sterns < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Thanks, Melinda. Last calendar month would be what I need. Now where can > I specify that? In 'report prompts'? I can't seem to add a date range as > a filter... > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 1
Thank you, Melinda! I played around with that and found an option that worked.

Level 5
Heather, I'm new to workfront- we're going live oct 3! I would like to send out some automatic reports- similar to the one you described- any chance you can share the report? with the criteria you used to build it? I have to take the reporting classes so I'm more knowledgable on building reports. tks Karen

Level 1
Hi Karen, Yes, certainly! I'm not sure if the report will meet your needs with how it morphed. After meeting with the team requesting this and feeling out their needs, we decided on a past view into accounts that were commenced/completed within our current fiscal yr to present, and future view into accounts planned to complete/close within the next 3 months. The other option they wanted but I was not able to fulfill was another report that automatically triggers when a project is completed/closed, sending them an alert. I attached my Columns and Filters view. In Report Actions>Send Report, set it up for repeat deliveries (bi-weekly, as they chose). Hope that helps! Disclaimer: I am also new to reporting and would like to take the courses, so hopefully someone will chime in if there's a better way to create this report.