Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Status

Level 3
What's everyone doing with regard to project statuses for projects impacted by the COVID-19 crisis? We have events that are being managed in WF, but the event itself is cancelled or postponed. I think for the projects where the event is being postponed - the project status should be "on hold". Is anyone else experiencing this same scenario where projects are being cancelled or postponed? Thanks! Carolyn Finney
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi, Carolyn. We aren't managing events but I would think this virus, and deliverables surrounding what needs to be done next, would be another task header within the project. Especially if you are having to communicate to internal/external stakeholders and having to reschedule vendors, logistics and so on. This in itself would change the project completion date or add delay. Either way, if you put the project on hold, I would still track next steps. Susan

Level 10
We don't have any projects that have been cancelled by the virus (yet), but if and when we do, I would handle as you have depicted here. We would put the Project Status to On Hold. If it's Cancelled I'd move it to 'Dead'. For Capacity Planning purposes, for the On Hold project I would also update the tasks to show the dates we think it might restart (understanding that date may change 12 times between now and the end of the crisis). But we would just keep it up to date with the information we have at this moment in time.

Level 3
Hi Susan, We came up with a new status - "COVID-19 Cancelled", which equates to Dead. We did this in case we want to track what projects are being cancelled specifically due to COVID-19. Thanks, Carolyn Carolyn Finney Independence Blue Cross

Level 10
It's a mess!!!!! So far what I'm doing is putting projects On Hold and then created an On Hold report so I can track what will need to be reviewed once (if) the world returns to normal.