Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project Status Change to remove resource from Workload balancer?

Level 1

Hi, I can't seem to find a status which will change a current project to remove the resources form workload balancer while the project is re-planned.  Does any one have any ideas to help me?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Fiona_Adams1,

Historically, any Project Status value that Equates With either On Hold or Dead often have special powers within Workfront, so (untested) you could try those (in your preview environment first, I’d suggest) to see if they then hide such Projects within Workload Balancer natively (ie by “As Design”).

Similarly (and again untested), if a Project was placed in a status that requires approval (such as “Pending Replanning”, which you could create as Equates With either New, Current, On Hold or Dead), it might help make the situation more transparent and obvious to other Workfront users and stakeholders, in addition to giving you some extra filtering granularity in both the Workload Balancer and reporting in general.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug

We tried on-hold and it did not remove it.  I don't know if there is a problem removing the projects from workload balancer after they have first been made live to re-plan.  We will try the second option and set up a new status for testing.

Thanks for your response

Fiona