Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project - Staffing - People

Level 10
Hi: If you open a project, select the Staffing menu, and then People, you have what I think is a historical list of people who were named on the project in one capacity or another at any point in time. Is there a way to report on this? Does anyone know what object holds the project staffing people names? If you accidentally assign John Bull to a task, and then fix it, John Bull is added to the Staffing-People object and starts receiving emails. Then John gives me a call and says WorkFront is broken because he has nothing to do with that project and why am I getting all these emails? I'd like to find a way to report on that object and delete people from staffing-people who shouldn't be there. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks, Eric
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Wouldn't that be the project users? I have this column on my Projects I'm On page to quickly see who's who and be able to do a find on Chrome. Should be applicable to a projects report, I assume. description=Project Users link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=userID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists name=ID namekey=assignment.plural stretch=0 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=user:name valueformat=HTML

Level 10
Ah. Now why I know why I am in the dark. One needs the magic of Text Mode to reveal such secrets. I am unskilled in the ways of Text Mode, but will shamelessly take your code and plug it into a report and see what I can learn. Thanks very much! Eric

Level 10
Hi: Is the object “projectUsers” a collection that cannot be queried to pick up individual names? For example, let’s say I have a person named “Daisy Duck”. She does not appear on any assignments to any tasks, not assigned to any issues, etc., but she is in the list of project users. Is there a way to search that collection to pick up the fact that Daisy Duck is a member of that project? Thanks again! Eric

Level 10
You could try this. The code below will show you Daisy Duck if Daisy is a project user. Otherwise, it will be blank. description=Team Users displayname=Daisy Duck link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=userID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists name=ID namekey=assignment.plural stretch=0 textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Daisy Duck",{user}.{name}),{user}.{name}, "") valueformat=HTML Or an easier method now that I think about it is to run it from the prompt. Project Users name is a field available on prompt so you just have your regular column fields and perhaps the text mode above and then the prompt will filter to all projects that the user is/was on.