Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

[Project Report] How to list nested tasks in chronological order.

Level 4

Hi Folks,

I have created a project report that pulls in tasks (i.e. milestones: zero duration tasks with no sub tasks) and groups them based on based on Complete or Incomplete status but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get them to list chronoligically. Can anyone help?

column.18.displayname=Column

column.18.sharecol=true

column.18.textmode=true

column.18.value=<br><br><b>Key Milestones (Incomplete)</b><br>

column.18.valueformat=HTML

column.19.displayname=Column

column.19.listdelimiter=<p>

column.19.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.19.sharecol=true

column.19.textmode=true

column.19.type=iterate

column.19.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({duration}=0,IF({percentComplete}<100,(CONCAT("‚óá ",{name}," (Due: ",{plannedCompletionDate},")",IF({condition}=0,'<b><font color=03a219> [Green]</font></b>',IF({condition}=1,'<b><font color=e19503> [Yellow]</font></b>',IF({condition}=2,'<b><font color=d30519> [Red]</font></b>',""))))))))

column.19.valueformat=HTML

column.20.displayname=Column

column.20.sharecol=true

column.20.textmode=true

column.20.value=<br><br><b>Key Milestones (Complete)</b><br>

column.20.valueformat=HTML

column.21.displayname=Column

column.21.listdelimiter=<p>

column.21.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.21.sharecol=false

column.21.textmode=true

column.21.type=iterate

column.21.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({duration}=0,IF({percentComplete}=100,(CONCAT("‚óÜ ",{name}," (Complete: ",{plannedCompletionDate},")")))))

column.21.valueformat=HTML

RE: Explanation of Column 19.valueexpression (The first part of the formula)

Task Identifier:

IF({numberOfChildren}=0, IF({duration}=0, IF({percentComplete}<100,

Task Attributes to Display:

(CONCAT("‚óá ",{name}," (Due: ",{plannedCompletionDate},")",

Task Attribute to Display based on condition.

IF({condition}=0,'<b><font color=03a219> [Green]</font></b>',

IF({condition}=1,'<b><font color=e19503> [Yellow]</font></b>',

IF({condition}=2,'<b><font color=d30519> [Red]</font></b>',""))))))))

Condition and Key

Green = 0

Yellow = 1

Red = 2

Any help appreciated. thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Matt, if I understand what you're trying to do, then according to the collections help article, this can't be done. Check out the limitations of a collection section toward the bottom of the page.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Matt, if I understand what you're trying to do, then according to the collections help article, this can't be done. Check out the limitations of a collection section toward the bottom of the page.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

Level 4

Thanks, Skye. I was afraid it might be something like that but secretly hoped someone had a cunning workaround.

Limitations of a collection View: You cannot control the order in which collection data is displayed.

Community Advisor

sadly no, or not to my knowledge. There have certainly been occasions where I've decided to use a brute-force attack [putting each task in its own column and then running each column together as you did], but that really only works when you are dead certain of the tasks (which in your calculation, you're not).

So for example, if waterfall tasks have a milestone ID tied to them, you can do one column for each milestone ID, in that exact order because they are waterfall, and then run them together into one column, and that would be painful but at least you would have what you wanted.

(I guess you would do the set twice, once for incomplete and once for complete, and that could be twice as painful but there you go.)

But in your example, where you're just saying "any task that isn't a parent task"... well... I don't see that you have any other way to order them yet. But other than that, this is a really nice looking report!

Level 4

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. We'll just have to direct folks into the schedule for an ordered list. Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me!