Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Report Filtering Active Tasks Assigned to a User/Role

Level 8
Hi Community! Is there any way to filter a project report in the following ways? (this can be two different reports, or one report with two filter scenarios) Only show me projects in which there are active tasks assigned to a certain job role or a certain user? Only show me projects in which there are active tasks in a certain status? I already have task reports that I've put on a dashboard, but I want a higher level project report that I hope to include on a dashboard with external pages to the resource planner and the utilization report. Thanks in advance for any help / insight! -Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
3 Replies

Level 7
Hi Sydney, It is possible, though it can get complex fast. Here's a short one I put together in my own environment to show how it's done at a project report level: AND:1:tasks:status=CPL INP NEW ONH AND:1:tasks:status_Mod=eq tasks:roleID=GUID tasks:roleID_Mod=in Note: Where I put GUID in the 3rd line, you need to find the GUID for your job role. You can easily do this by going to Setup -> Job Roles -> Customize the view, and add Job Role> ID as a column, save it as a new view, and you now have the GUID. Here's our help article on how to use Collections in reporting: http://lp.workfront.com/rs/758-USO-349/images/Chris%20Demigod.pdf I hope this info helps you out! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 8
Hi Dustin, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and post these resources for me I took some vacation time after I posted this discussion note and put this report off to the side. I am now ready to dive back in, and just came back in here to see if I got any responses. Anyway, just wanted to thank you! :) I may have some follow up questions once I get going, but I hope not, or at least not too many! :) Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 7
You're welcome Sydney, I wish you the best of luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront