Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project report, Column data is Text mode, can't sort column correctly

Level 1

Hello community. I am rather new at Workfront and fumbling my way through report creation. We have a report we are trying to build for a team, that the data they want to see and how they want to see it, will require it to be a project report. The columns they want to see is a mixture of pulling in Project level data and Task level data.

The Main column that they want to sort the report by is Task level data so we need to use the Text Mode function to display it. After searching around Workfront one, I finally came up with this Text Mode code to display the Data. Which that part is working. The column is sortable, but when they click on the header, the sort order isn't necessarily in Date order. is there some way to get the column to sort correctly? Is there another way to write the Text Mode code?

displayname=DE Instns Due

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

querysort=plannedCompletionDate

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({milestone}.{ID}="6234b043002271878364284dcc246a6b",({plannedCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=shortAtDate

The other option we though of is creating a calculated date that pulls in this data. then using that field as a column. However we are having trouble pulling in the Task Data into the calculated field. I would prefer just using the Text mode, since it seem like a waste to create a field just for one report.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Welcome to Workfront! I think if you refer to the collections help article, this is covered in the limitations section. https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

Unless I miss my guess, you cannot control the order. You can certainly try and throw in the below two lines at the end of your text mode, but if/when it doesn't work, this would be why.

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

Level 10

Hi Drew - Not only can you not sort items within your collection (if you were displaying more than one value at a time), but you also cannot sort your projects by any of the values in the column (even if you have just one value showing).

@Doug Den Hoed‚ has some great reporting tools if you have some budget and want fancier reporting. When I was on the client side, we used his Hot Sheet reporting tool so that we could sort and apply conditional formatting to items in a collection.