Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Association (Linking projects?)

Level 2

Hi,

Not sure if this can be done, looking for a way to "link" projects.

In my case, we have a project with Compliance approval and want to "link" it to a new project to show that it has compliance approval. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey! There are a couple of options to link a project:

• You can add a TypeAhead field to your Custom Form and type in the name of the project
  • You can use Cross Project Predecessors to say that a task from Project B starts after a task from Project A completes
  • You can also use a Program to house projects that go together. Although not a direct linking, it is a connection

Depending on your workflow I think either of the first two could work for your needs

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey! There are a couple of options to link a project:

• You can add a TypeAhead field to your Custom Form and type in the name of the project
  • You can use Cross Project Predecessors to say that a task from Project B starts after a task from Project A completes
  • You can also use a Program to house projects that go together. Although not a direct linking, it is a connection

Depending on your workflow I think either of the first two could work for your needs

Level 3

Hey @MoniqueEvans,
Question on your first option... Adding a TypeAhead field to your custom form, does it produce a clickable link to that object? I've was hoping to use the TypeAhead field for referencing previous projects, which it does but it does not create a link. Essentially it just creates it as a type field. Am I doing something wrong or is this functionality not there yet?

Community Advisor

Great question! Natively Typeadhead fields do not provide a clickable link. However, I have fusion so in my use-case I will add a second text field to the form and have fusion provide the URL of the typeahead object for convenience. This may be possible using a calculated field, but I haven't invested time into figuring this out.