Expand my Community achievements bar.

Program Report/Dashboard Showing Program Gantt Charts

Level 7
Here's a Report/Dashboard that I am having trouble configuring - honestly don't know if it is even possible. So, if anybody can confirm if this is possible or not in Workfront, that would be great. At the Program level, you can click on the "Gantt Chart" icon, which will give you a Gantt Chart view of the Projects within the Program. I have a manager who is looking to have a Report/Dashboard containing stacked, multiple Programs, in Gantt Chart View. Essentially, to be able to view certain Programs all together in one place in Gantt View. So, for example: PROGRAM A Gantt Chart PROGRAM B Gantt Chart PROGRAM C Gantt Chart Possible? Thanks, Terry Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
In the dashboard, have you considered embedding four reports, each for a program?

Level 7
Yes, but want the Program Gantt Chart view to automatically show or be pulled into the Dashboard. I can add the specific Program reports but the manager wants to be able to see the Gantt Chart view for those Programs right within the Dashboard, instead of clicking on the Program name in the Report/Dashboard to get to the Program itself and then clicking on each Program Gantt Chart view icon separately. Hopefully, I am making sense... Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
In the Reports, under Report Settings in the upper-right corner, there's a checkbox for "Show this report in a Gantt view by default". Have you trid that?

Level 7
That option is not available on a Program Report. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Okay, I understand. I misunderstood and thought project reports were being used. I don't have a recommendation for that here.

Level 7
Thanks for your help, Narayan. Hoping someone will have a potential workaround for this, or how I can get this to work. If not, it may be something for the Idea Exchange. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Terry, If you create a Project Report and then group projects by Program Name, will that accomplish your goal? That way, you can check the box to view in Gantt chart view under report Settings. It will give you names of each project on the left side and Gantt view on the right side. You can then filter your report to only show the programs/projects you want to see. Let me know if that helps. Joe Benes Brighthouse Financial Charlotte, NC

Level 7
Brilliant, Joe - thanks that worked. Just showed the report to the manager, and it is what they were looking for. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Actually one more question...the Gantt Chart displays the Projects in the Program in Quarters by Calendar Year as in... Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar Q2 = April, May, June Q3 = Jul, Aug, Sept Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec We work by Fiscal Year, not Calendar Year. How can I change the Gantt Chart to display by Fiscal Year instead, as in... Q1 = July, Aug, Sept Q2 = Oct, Nov, Dec Q3 = Jan, Feb, Mar Q4 = Apr, May, Jun Thanks. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
That's an interesting point.....I assumed that it would have used Custom Quarters, but that doesn't seem to be the case. David Cornwell