Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Prioritizing First Path in Router for File Processing Irrespective of Upload Sequence

Level 3

In the context of my project, I am utilizing a watch record module. This module is specifically designed to detect uploaded files based on their names. Once a file is identified, the module triggers a download and conducts a series of operations on the file. The pathway these operations take is critical to the overall functionality of the module. Currently, the routing decision is based on the file names, specifically if the file name contains 'XYZ' or 'ABC'.

The challenge lies in the order in which the user uploads the files. I need to ensure that the first path is always prioritized, with the second path being a secondary option. I have attached pictures for your reference.

As of now, in some instances, the router initially takes the second path and then conducts the operation, irrespective of the order in which the files are uploaded.

How can I adjust or modify the settings of my watch record module to ensure that the processing of files always follows the first path in the router before considering the second path, regardless of the sequence of file uploads?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there,

what you are highlighting on your picture is actually default for Fusion, it always goes from top to bottom assuming routes are ordered.

All relevant details are here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-fusion/modules-in-fusion/rou...

• To verify the order of the routes, you can click the Auto-align icon, which will arrange the routes according to the order from top to bottom.

To change the order, remove the Router module and re-connect the routes in the desired order.

• Routes are processed sequentially, not in parallel. A bundle is not sent to the next route until it has been completely processed by the previous route.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there,

what you are highlighting on your picture is actually default for Fusion, it always goes from top to bottom assuming routes are ordered.

All relevant details are here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-fusion/modules-in-fusion/rou...

• To verify the order of the routes, you can click the Auto-align icon, which will arrange the routes according to the order from top to bottom.

To change the order, remove the Router module and re-connect the routes in the desired order.

• Routes are processed sequentially, not in parallel. A bundle is not sent to the next route until it has been completely processed by the previous route.

Level 3

Hey thanks, @Rafal_Bainie is there a way to hard impose the same, just to be really sure, sometime during my run it went the other way first even though both the files were available to be downloaded  

Community Advisor

there is no way Fusion will skip any of the routes, this is essence of this design.

All routes are processed, from top to bottom. just make sure to use "auto-align" to see if your modules are properly ordered.

Rafal_Bainie_0-1701093329762.png

Level 3

Thank you for your advice. I will make sure to confirm that all routes in order are from top to bottom and use the "auto-align" feature for proper module ordering. Thanks for your time and guidance  

Level 3
Hello @Rafal_Bainie , I'm sending you a screenshot to illustrate the issue I'm facing. Regardless of the sequence in which I upload documents, the system processes the bottom path first, then the top path. To provide some context, it is supposed to process the 'Commitments' files first, followed by the 'Actuals'. I sort the files based on whether the filenames contain 'Actual' and if the other router condition filename includes 'Commitments'.

Is there a way to fix this? 

Community Advisor

Hi there,

sorry to hear that you are still having issues with that. I cannot tell much from the screenshot. 
Assuming paths are organized correctly (using auto-align) there is no way that bottom path is processed first strictly speaking.

The reason why Actuals are processed first is because they come as first bundle and that I believe is purely because this document gets uploaded first. Even if you drop the files simultaneously they will be processed one after another.

maybe instead of using watch you could use search module, or even better custom API call you could find all docs uploaded since last run and sort them as you need so that Commitments are first (and this sounds like simply sorting Descending by name).

Level 3

Actuals are processed first because they come as the first bundle, which I believe is purely because this document gets uploaded first. Even if you drop the files simultaneously they will be processed one after another- Is there any clever way to change this? 

maybe instead of using the watch, you could use a search module, or even better, a custom API call you could find all docs uploaded since the last run and sort them as you need so that Commitments are first (and this sounds like simply sorting Descending by name) - This could be an interesting approach, I will give it a try!