Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Preferred Method of Preserving Stats of Iteration While Moving Incomplete Task to Next Sprint?

Level 2
It appears that when I finish a sprint time box that the sprint is seen as done in the system without me marking it as done. But if I move an incomplete task to the next sprint, I lose the historical data of card information and stats associated with the card. Is there a recommended solution to preserve close state and stats other than a screenshot? (e.g. Want to see what things we worked on last sprint that we didn't complete even if we finish it in a future sprint. Also want to see closing stats at the end of the sprint.) Parke Brown
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2
My best & inelegant suggestion is creating a suite of Custom Fields to capture data for incomplete Story/Tasks in a completed Sprint. Custom Fields track original Story, Estimate, Percentage completion, and the like. Store all this either manually or auto-magically when a Sprint is marked Complete. Then, copy the Incomplete Stories over to the next Sprint. Seems some details need to be addressed, yet this is overall suggestion. Another, perhaps even more awkward suggestion is to Rename an incomplete Story as "StoryName Part 1" in the Sprint that just ended Add a Story "StoryName Part 2" in the new Sprint, using the same Project & Parent Task used for the original, incomplete, and now renamed Story. Both incomplete-original story and new Story reside in same Project & Task, so they will report together for tracking purposes. Pat Harrell Seed Company