Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Posting Supporting Documents to a Task

Level 2
Hi, I'm trying to post a word document to our copy writing task and when I do it generates a proof automatically which adds another item to the my approvals tab. That doc us just a resource. It shouldn't be acting as a proof. Is there a fix for this? Bob McFall
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor
There's a checkbox in your settings " Automatically generate proofs when uploading documents " that may be checked. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
When you upload the Word document, you should upload it as a Document, not a proof. It's possible you have the setting turned on that everything that gets uploaded is done as a Proof – turn that off – it's a checkbox in each User's setup.

Level 1
Having the same issue and didn't know if this was a user challenge. Would love a solve. Gayle Ginsburg San Francisco Symphony

Level 2
Thank you so much. That worked. having all those proof notifications was a headache. Bob McFall